Friday, September 28, 2007

.a bike named massey


Today I took my bike Massey downtown, and I biked all the way there. I went with some bike activists to Critical mass, this big shindig where a couple hundred riders just...take over the road. There were some awesome bikes, lots of cute people with dreadlocks, and one guy who had installed a surfboard on his bike so he could just surf when he'd picked up speed. Thats right...too cool. Botoom line was that it was a good time. I feared for my life on the way down though, because all these hardcore cyclists were telling me to weave through traffic with them.
Listen, I don't weave. Massey, beautiful bike that it is, doesn't qualify under the hardcore city messenger bike heading. I came about a hair from hitting a car. The driver threatened me with death.
The ride finished in Kensington market, so we stopped in to check see if Chris was home. He wasn't. Fran was, and we went out for Vietnamese.
So, all in all, I probably biked between 60 and 70 kilometres today. My ass is killing me. Me and biking are going to be more than friends.

No comments: