Thursday, October 18, 2007

.This job winning system needs work.


The man is getting me down. Today I had the interview for becoming the official Winters photographer, a job with good money ($20/hr(!)) and more importantly, experience I desperately need in event photography. If you want to make a living with a camera, you need to learn to do events. Mostly weddings.
Anywho, it turns out that I pretty much wowed them, and they offered me the job five minutes into the interview. Seriously.
We were all delighted, and so we sat down just to chat. They asked me about the jobs I have now. When I told them about the darkroom, my first interviewer actually clapped his hands at the prospect of their photographer having 24 hour access to the photo labs.
Then the bureaucratic bomb dropped.
York University policy states that I can't have two work study positions, and the dark room counts.
Le sigh. The look on the college staff faces was like a kid whose ice cream had dropped off the cone. So, bottom line, they're petitioning the university to make an exception, but the chances are slim to none.
I got the job, but I (grumble) didn't get the job. pooh.

No comments: