Wednesday, October 17, 2007

.The ballad of John and Nezeah


Living in residence is a short experience at best, with a turnover rate, room to room, of a mere four to eight months. Consequently, me and my current rez buddies often recieve mail and phone calls for residents who have lived here months and even years before. The following is a verbatim set of messages that have been left on my neighbour's machine, from a guy named John to girl named Nezeah.

1)hey nezeah, it's john, I was glad you called me and uhh...yeah, I'd love to get together on Saturday, how do you feel about dance cave, after we do, like, dinner or something? You can just call me back on my cell, ciao bella!

two days later:
yeah, Nezeah, uh, call me back, ok? It's John, and uhh, you sounded like you wanted to do something, so, dance cave, right? Call me!

next day: (dejected tone) Nezeah, yeah, it's john, and , you haven't called me back, so...I'll be at dance cave tonight. I hope I'll see you there, but if I don't, yeah. I hope you're there, Peace.


My neighbour couldnt call poor john back, because he never left his cell number. She changed her answering machine greeting to

"Hey John, this is Chelsea. Sorry, not Nezeah, Chelsea. I hope you get her real number, but this isnt it. It's not that she doesn't like you!"

Oh John, I hope you find her eventually.

No comments: