Sunday, October 14, 2007

.Sunday. It had better be a fun day.


Won't lie. This week was pretty crap. The critique kind of bombed, mostly because of blunt and harsh criticism from my brilliant and bitter professor. Turns out that he was a contractor for many years and doesn't take kindly to just anybody trying to up and make a construction project with a big idea and the wrong kind of hinges.
And I'm too sensitive about that sort of thing, so after the critique I ran to the washroom, cried for an hour despite trying to gain control and go back to class, and threw up for sheer trauma.
Afterwards, my prof apologized and said that his criticism was out of line, that the second he had spoken, he knew that he had shattered me. He said he hadn't meant to do it. He said he mistakenly had thought I was cocky, when really I was fragile.

Even though I know it's just an art piece, I still haven't been able to sleep, knowing that the failed piece is still up in fine arts, and that I can't burn it for firewood to assuage my pride.

So tomorrow is Sunday...hope something good happens. I'll bike downtown, that might help. It usually does. I went to Canadian Tire today with some old friends, but sadly, Canadian tire is best done with a big budget and no conscience of how little one needs a smart crockpot that will cook your meals and flambe your bananas at the moment of entry into home after work. (but I wanted that crockpot bad,anyway)

No comments: