Wednesday, July 11, 2007

.them big ol' bears

GRIZZLY! I saw one! 45 feet away! Thats, like, nothing!

I blame people leaving out dogfood, but, after the last morning of planting the edson alberta contract, we went to take down camp to be greeted by a big grizzly that wouldn't leave. The first thing I noticed (I was on lookout on top of the truck) was that he was far too close to us, and that he was awesome. But, he was not interested in leaving, so we needed to take down our tents in big groups with multiple lookouts. We kept the trucks running, the quads going, and the dogs locked up. It came close enough for National Geographic style photo opportunities. Take note: however big you think grizzlies are: they're bigger.

Soon I'll be done in Alberta. there's no rush, though, our camp is next door to an ice cream parlour. re: deadly on wallet.

4 comments:

.letting go said...

DO NOT (I repeat) DO NOT tell our mother about this bear. She will lose her mind.
Member the year I saw a couple of wussie black bears? Yeah, it was awesome, but mom couldn't sleep for days.

Rock on to the parlour next door.

I'm working like a fiend, and shrimps is heating up. The spill is screwing me over, but the Bean is treating me kind, with enough hours to keep me afloat! Sweet.

I was thinking of you today while I was working, I did the time-zone math and figured you'd probably be working at the same time. Then I sighed.

Be well babe. I love you lots.

.letting go said...

ack ack! The flowers are so pretty! So nice in my apartment which is actually clean!

Aw shucks shannon, you made my day :)

Anonymous said...

:o

did you take the NG style photos? i wanna see! that's soooo cool.

-rick

Shannon. said...

hah! I've confirmed it. it takes grizzlies to get comments on this blog. Np on the flowers, meaghsies. Teleflora is my bestestest friend. Rick, sadly, my camera was out of reach at the moment, but I shot a bunch of pics on other planters' cams. I'll show you my grizzly friend.