Saturday, June 16, 2007

We had Monday off last week. Vanderhoof has unofficially declared Monday a funday, so nothing with the internet was open. Thankfully, we have Saturday off this week, but it didn't work out so well at the bar last night...Narrow misses with locals who don't like planters.

In other news, my design for the company tee shirt got used, and it's pretty cool. I'm a little embarrassed by it, everyone walking around wearing something I drew.

My foreman, Colleen, has a brand new puppy. The whole week has been a haze of cuteness. Unstoppable cuteness. I was paralyzed on my land by the sight of my foreman carrying the tired little pup in her backpack. How can I plant trees with such goings on?

Strange weather we've been having to end this contract- and what a long contract! Tired planters have been pelted by snow and hail, I've needed to change my mouldy gloves for days but had none extra. Next week is the last shift, where we'll party, plant in big groups, and generally get this sucker done. Then alberta, sweet Alberta. It'll be a good change.

Take care, Ptown and the rest...drink a latte for me, the Vanderhoof folk don't know what they are.

No comments: